Guidelines for Planning Beach Wedding in Virginia Beach
For many couples, there is nothing more romantic than having their wedding on the beach. Virginia Beach makes a great destination wedding choice. Unlike other, more “exotic” foreign destinations, there is no need for organizing passports, no hassle with customs at the border, or having to worry about expensive international shipping charges. Virginia Beach is centrally located for travellers, easy to get to by plane, train, bus or car. The Hampton Roads also offers a lot of great entertainment venues and fun things to do to keep your guests entertained. There is a lot of reasons to choose Virginia Beach for your beach wedding destination.
As anyone can tell you, there is a lot that goes into planning a successful wedding. Here are some suggestions and recommendations to help make your beach wedding a memorable experience for all who attend.
Do I need a permit for planning my wedding on Virginia Beach?
The following information is taken from the Virginia Beach City Government website. www.vbgov.com
- “No permit is required for such an event. If a small (fewer than 150 participants) ceremony can remain accessible to the general public and doesn’t require reservation of a specific area, it is more likely that it can be accommodated in the resort area. A simple ceremony is one which requires minimal equipment and set-up. “
- Weddings are prohibited on the boardwalk.
- As a rule, private receptions are not allowed on public property in the resort area. However, they are permitted at oceanfront establishments with a Special Event Permit enabling them to hold events on public property adjacent to their business.
- Equipment and Setup: Decorations (that must be secured to City property), tents (greater than 100 sq. feet and/or commercially installed), archways (that must be commercially delivered/installed) etc., are not permitted in the resort area. These types of items frequently involve a delivery and installation process that the restricted areas are not equipped to accommodate. Items that can be hand-carried, such as chairs, can be used in most areas.
- Commercial deliveries are not permitted (vehicular deliveries, commercial or non- commercial, are not permitted)
- Amplified sound is not permitted
- There are numerous activities including beach cleaning, construction, public events, etc., that occur throughout the year in a variety of locations in the resort
- The boardwalk or beach access cannot be impeded by the event
- Unsecured helium balloons and rice are prohibited due to environmental risks
Summer is always a prime time for weddings, but here are some options to consider that might save you a few dollars.
Recommended vendors and caterers who can help you plan your dream wedding on the beach
Work out those last minutes details.